AAPS – The Latest Advancement in Pedestrian Safety
The Advanced Accessible Pedestrian System is Campbell Company’s newest innovation in pedestrian smart signal technology.
A unique feature of the AAPS includes the implementation of web-based technology, which enables traffic agency technicians to update and monitor the system remotely over network communication lines via traditional workstations, laptops or any device that is web browser compatible.
Control over system operations, audio, and visual components includes the capability to download files directly to individual pedestrian stations, or to an entire network. The AAPS provides engineers and planners with pedestrian usage information by station and time of day.
Other features include ambient gain compensation, detectable sound, groupings, and night mode offering smart sound control. Ambient gain compensation detects the volume of the environment around the button and adjusts the volume of audio messages accordingly. These features assist pedestrians navigating the intersection while reducing noise pollution.
The Advanced Accessible Pedestrian System is easy to install, manage, and maintain. The system is configured at the factory for a true plug and play installation. The AAPS meets all MUTCD guidelines and provides ADA compliance.
- User-friendly setup with web browser interface
- Time of day / day of week functionality
- Full synchronization of groups and phases in pedestrian movements
- Reports downloadable to laptop or network communications
- Remote access to APC
- Real-time feedback
- TS1 hardwire connections and TS2 compliant Ethernet communications
- Pedestrian call count and APS call count reports
System and Operating Features
- EoP design provides for true two wire installation at pedestrian stations
- Ambient gain compensation adjusts audio volume outputs to match ambient noise levels
- Audio messages or tones can be downloaded directly to APB’s
- Night mode option reduces audio volumes at night
- Performance and self-test every 250 ms
- Software and firmware updates easily downloadable
- Forward facing speaker for improved sound control and reduced sound pollution
- MUTCD – meets and exceeds all guidelines
- TAC – meets and exceeds all guidelines
- 3 year standard